What you want to know about FISH: Farm Raised or Wild Caught
I want to share important health information about FISH with you. Something is FISHY about some FISH! Why know what's in fish and what fish to buy or eat on a regular basis?
- Wild caught fish eat other fish in oceans or fresh water, so they tend to be stronger tasting.
- All TUNA and SWORDFISH are high in MERCURY ( robs the body of VITAMIN C and interferes with optimal immune, nervous system, and brain functioning); depending on your body's MERCURY levels, these fish either should be avoided completely or eaten minimally.
- All FARM RAISED Fish are not the same
- Most FARM RAISED fish are fed antibiotics
• Antibiotics in our food
• compromise our ability to absorb nutrients from our large intestines
• can cause Candida and other bowel and digestive imbalances
• interfere and disrupt female hormones as women get olde
• challenge our immune responses increasing allergies and decrease our
• resistance to infections ie slower healing time by causing antibiotic resistance
• directly interfere and neutralize certain biochemical pathways that weaken the body and decrease energy
All of the above can be checked when I evaluate clients during our sessions for optimizing your health.
- I have learned that WHOLE FOODS DOES NOT use any antibiotics in FARM RAISED feed for most of their fish.
- FARM RAISED fish you buy even at high end fish markets as well as supermarkets is not something to eat on a regular basis because those Farm Raised fish are ALL fed antibiotics.
- IF you are healthy, the antibiotics in all of your food sources will probably take longer to weaken your body; eventually most people show negative effects of ingesting antibiotics in meat, chicken, diary, and fish.
- If your body is challenged with symptoms or you have a disease, eat wild caught fish only, or buy your fish at WHOLE FOODS which has very high standards and will not use any antibiotics in the feed for their Farm Raised fish.
Feel free to ask me questions or send me any comments. I have a great pamphlet with other information on FISH standards around the world and fish recipes. The USA standards for fish are between non existent and low compared to what Europe uses.
I offer you this to consider when buying your food. Making these daily choices can keep your children healthier as well as assist YOU to know how to be robust and vital into your 80s and 90s. Even if you practice this some of the time, it can benefit you greatly.
I look forward to see you soon. Lots of FALL classes and teaching at Newton Adult Ed and through my office, as well as online. I am excited about the FALL LOVE YOUR BODY Program at the end of October. See attached flier.
- Thanks for passing this on to a friend or someone who enjoys health tips. I have posted it on my blog. You want want to sign up to receive my postings when I write about tips on many different topics related to health and healing.
Have fun, learn lots, and laugh more with me. Yes?
- Commit yourself to infect others with your appreciation of BEAUTY this Fall season. By your intention, maybe you need not say a word. There are many ways directly and indirectly for you to be a presence for healing for people in your life. I am itching to see more of the brilliant colors of the leaves changing and soak up the passionate and majestic display that is so unique to NEW ENGLAND. Walks, bike, and car rides this time of year connect me to a sense of awe and beauty. I realize what a gift it is to be alive and invite you to create experiences for yourself that evoke and deepen your connection to healing.
In the mean time, would you like a great salmon recipe. I have a few to share.